mandag den 2. januar 2012

Christmas and New Year's in Copenhagen

They say that "Home is where the heart is". As it turned out, on December 20, 2011, I felt like I was going home to Denmark to celebrate Christmas and New Year's, but on January 2, 2012, I also felt that I was going back home to Brussels.
I had a really great time back in Copenhagen. I spent a lot of time with my family, and I got to see many good friends and catch up. Very nice indeed!

I spent Christmas Eve with my parents, brother, two aunts and two cousins, which was a lovely evening of traditional Danish food (pork roast, duck and rice pudding), presents and hygge, which to the non-Danish speakers is a very Danish concept that loosely translates to coziness.


I spent New Year's Eve with my brother and three friends. We made a really nice dinner, saw the Queen's New Year's speech and the short movie '90th birthday' as prescribed by tradition, and enjoyed plenty of champagne and fireworks right around midnight. 
It was a great night to greet 2012!






HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar